Eat by Color Pepperoni Chicken in a Crock Pot or Slow Cooker
Eat by Color Pepperoni Chicken in a Crock Pot or Slow Cooker is a great recipe that you can prep and freeze in advance. Simply pull out of the freezer, let thaw and put in the crock pot.
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 cup black olives, sliced
1 1/2 ounces turkey pepperoni slices (about 20), cut in half
1/2 cup mozzarella, shred
4 each chicken breast
Prep in Advance:
- Place chicken broth, tomato paste and Italian seasoning into a quart-size bag.
- Place olives and pepperonis into a quart-size bag.
- Place cheese into a snack-size bag.
- Place chicken into a gallon-size bag.
- Place chicken breast into crockpot and season with salt & pepper (not included)
- Place pepperoni and black olives on top of chicken.
- Cut corner off of sauce bag and squeeze evenly over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 – 7 hours or on high for 3 – 3 1/2 hours.
- 10 minutes before serving, sprinkle cheese on top of chicken; cover and allow to melt.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to plates and discard remaining liquid.
Ray Binkowski is the owner of FitWorkz a hybrid training gym in DeKalb, IL, author (all of his titles are available on Amazon), and trainer. He has lost over 60 pounds and kept it off for over 15 years. He has worked with thousands including professional athletes, police/fire/military, physique competitors, even corporations like 3M, and most often people looking to make a long term change in health, wellness, and weightloss. Plus the Get Fit and Live Healthy podcast.